.

Sunday 8 February 2015

It is only Jonathan that can save Nigeria- Eedris Abdulkareem


For Nigerian rapper Eedris Abdulkareem, President Goodluck Jonathan can do no wrong. Eedris has always been interested in Nigerian politics and doesn’t hesitate to air his views, not mincing words in the process. With the upcoming election the ‘Jaga Jaga’ crooner is at it again, using every opportunity to voice his opinion and digging out the buried dispute between him and former president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo. Time and again, he has called the ex-president a mugu, in an interview with Encomuim Magazine, he finally explains why he thinks Obasanjo is a mugu, clarifying that the ex-president made him a star.

“When I came back from raising the Olympic touch, God inspired me to sing ‘Nigeria  Jaga Jaga’.  Luckily for me, the then president (Obasanjo) came on a national television and insulted my family and all sorts...I was happy that Obasanjo replied because his response brought food to my table. He made me a superstar and elevated me above all my colleges with his reactions to my song. That’s why I said he is a mugu,” he said.
When asked why he ceaselessly supports President Jonathan, he passionately explained that Jonathan is the only candidate that can lead Nigerians to the promise land and states the need for a young president in Nigeria.
“First, everybody has a choice, but for me, Jonathan is my choice. For goodness sake, Buhari has ruled us before. He was the governor of North Eastern State. He was also the Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources when he was 32. He was also Chairman of NNPC at 36 and at 41, he became the Head of state. What else does he want? We are tired of him, we want to move on. We want a young man like Jonathan. To me, the whole Boko Haram saga was created by some people to humiliate Jonathan so as to make him look like a fool. It is only Jonathan that can save Nigeria if allowed for the second time,” the radical artist said.
Such passionate declarations by Eedris for Jonathan have caused many to believe that Eedris has been bribed to wave the Peoples Democratic Party’s flag. When confronted with this, he asked, “Do I need to collect money before showing support for president that meant good for this country? I didn’t collect any money, I have not even met the president.”

No comments:

Post a Comment